Fly fishing is a great hobby, and there are so many places where you can do this. Also, your fly-fishing spot has to be selected carefully, as not all streams and rivers offer the same kind of fish. Another problem is where you can fish. This is where tour guides come in.
Today, I will share the best tour guides in Carolina. I will over both the north and the south. This tour guide list is something you can use so you can fish in the right spots. If you are a beginner, you can also benefit a lot from these guides as they can show you the ropes of fly fishing.
1. Ab’s Fly Fishing Guide Service
If you’re looking for a diversity of trout, then you should try Ab’s. They offer guided tours in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina. The waters here are rich in trout, and there is a heavy concentration of rainbow, brown trout, and brook trout.
Here are the rates:
- Guided water trip – this one ranges between $200 and $450. The cost you pay depends on the number of people who will go. The more people there are, the more savings you can enjoy. This is available for half-day and fu-day tours.
- Guide float trip – this one is a trip where they drive the boat while you fish. The cost is between $350 and $450. The boat used can only accommodate three people, which already includes the guide. What this means is that there can only be two anglers.
For full-day trips, lunch is already included. Gratuities are not included in the prices.
2. Trout Wade Trips
This guide offers several possible locations in North Carolina such as the Davidson River, French Broad River, Courthouse Creek, and many more. They offer several services, including classes for fly fishing.
- Full-Day – $320 for 1 person
- Full-Day – $395 for 2 persons
- Full-Day – $495 for 3 persons
The rates above are for public waters and are only for a full day. They also offer trips that are half-day only. If you want a better experience, you will do well with the guided tour in private waters, but they are more expensive.
Here are the rates for the trip:
For full-day trips, sandwiches are served. All the trips are inclusive of an expert fishing guide. They will provide you with the transportation and the gear, including asking questions that you may have.
3. Endless River Adventures
Phone: +1 828-488-6199
This company offers its services in Western North Carolina. You will fish in the three great rivers, and you will also enjoy your fly fishing experience on a kayak. They have been in this business since 1993.
The company does not provide pricing rates for their services, but they do offer half-day and full-day trips. You can choose between float and wade options.
You need a fishing license before you book. Make sure you visit the North Carolina fish licensing site before you schedule a trip.
4. Asheville Fly Fishing Co
Asheville covers a lot of areas in South Holston River and the rest of Carolina. They offer trout float trips, musky trips, fly fishing, and multi-day overnight trips. If you want to book a trip, you have to choose carefully from their offers.
Here are some samples of trips:
- Full day – $500 for 1 or two anglers. The trip includes between 4 and 15 miles of water and will be provided with rods, flies, waders, and boots. You will also be served lunch, water, and high-quality digital pictures.
- Half-day float – this trip costs $400 and it can accommodate up to two anglers. You will be fishing in the Watauga River and South Holston River. The trip will last for five or six hours. You will also be given rods, flies, and all the gears that you need, but this has no lunch.
You need to get a license before you book. If you are unsure what to do, give them a call and they will give you guidance on what to do to get a fishing license.
5. Brown Trout Fly Fishing
This company is an Orvis-endorsed fly fishing guide. They are also located in Asheville. The guides here are all professionals, and they know their way around the waters. The two main types of services they offer are wade and float trips.
Here are the prices:
- Float – $500 for a full day and $400 for a half-day. The prices are good for two anglers. They will provide the rods, waders, water, and drinks. For a full day, they will provide lunch.
- Wade – the cost is between $250 and $500 depending on the number of anglers. Like the float service, they will provide the rod, waders, and lunch for full-day trips.
Take note that this is a catch-and-release organization. What this means is that you can take photos and then you should release the fish back.
6. NC Fly Fishing
Phone: (888) 861-0111
This company is one of the best-rated guided fishing trip providers in North Carolina. They specialize in fly fishing and they can take you to either wade or float. They do not just offer the opportunity to fish in North Carolina waters but also in other countries.
Here are the rates:
- Half-day – between $225 and $310 for a maximum of two anglers.
- Full day – between $325 and $410 for two anglers
These rates are for public waters. Expect to pay extra if you want to fish on private waters. If you need lodging, they can also provide it to you.
Other USA Fishing Adventures You Might Like
Choose the fishing spots carefully, and make sure you have planned well. For example, there are guides that do not offer lodging, and there are some that only offer morning trips. Call the guides I shared with you or visit their websites to learn more about their services.